ENGL 152H - Freshman Composition - Honors
A continuation of ENGL 151 or ENGL 151H with emphasis on the preparation and writing of a research paper on a challenging topic. Analysis of fiction and nonfiction selections to refine critical thinking skills. Honors courses emphasize individual study, personal, and group projects with additional learning outcomes common to the Honors Program.
Additional Information: Students may enter the Honors course only as part of the Honors Program or with department approval.
Requisites: Next Gen ACCUPLACER® reading score of 244, or at least a grade of C in TSRE 55 .
General Education Requirement: Effective Communication - General Education Core
Michigan Transfer Agreement Requirement: English Composition
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process of writing academically viable research essays.
- Utilize resources and strategies for locating academic sources, and employ techniques for accurate documentation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of guidelines governing APA and MLA style conventions.
- Apply critical reading skills to published works, peer essays, and personal drafts of research essays.
- Collaborate in college, local, and global communities.
- Demonstrate expertise and research skills in select areas of study.
- Develop an interdisciplinary perspective across the liberal arts and sciences.
- Demonstrate intellectual independence through verbal and written work.
- Demonstrate research skills, including analysis of information and perspectives from diverse sources.
- Develop plans and skills to further both academic and professional careers.