Sep 22, 2023
ENGL 151H - Freshman Composition - Honors
|Admitted students will pursue in-depth studies in expository writing, developing a stronger sense of voice and style. Students will produce work that demonstrates an advanced understanding of primary source material, documentation formats, and argumentative/analytical writing. Prospective students must be interested in developing excellence in writing and must meet the Honors Program admissions requirements. Lab fee.
Additional Information: Students may enter the Honors course only as part of the Honors Program or with department approval.
Requisites: (1) Next Gen ACCUPLACER® reading score of 244, or at least a grade of C in TSRE 55 (AND) (2) Next Gen ACCUPLACER® writing score of at least 250, or TSEN 95 with at least a grade of C.
General Education Requirement: Effective Communication - General Education Core
Michigan Transfer Agreement Requirement: English Composition
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Use rhetorical contexts to guide the development of appropriate written responses.
- Evaluate key characteristics that may impact a text’s message and a text’s suitability for a particular purpose.
- Implement composing processes to develop and finalize essays.
- Apply knowledge of academic writing conventions.
- Integrate college writing into a variety of applications.
- Collaborate in college, local, and global communities.
- Demonstrate expertise and research skills in select areas of study.
- Develop an interdisciplinary perspective across the liberal arts and sciences.
- Demonstrate intellectual independence through verbal and written work.
- Demonstrate research skills, including analysis of information and perspectives from diverse sources.
- Develop plans and skills to further both academic and professional careers.