SPAN 201 - Intermediate Spanish
Comprehensive oral and written reviews of grammatical structures through varied short stories, conversations, and presentations. Lab Fee
Requisites: Take SPAN 102 with at least a grade of C.
General Education Requirement: Effective Communication - Applied Core
Michigan Transfer Agreement Requirement: Humanities and Fine Arts
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Students will communicate verbally at the intermediate‐level in Spanish using appropriate vocabulary and grammatical forms. Student production may be seen through in-class activities as well as formal oral reports and presentations.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to understand spoken Spanish at the intermediate level. This will be seen through verbal interactions in class with other students in Spanish as well as with the professor. Students may be evaluated on their ability to understand through directed conversations or activities based on listening comprehension of a text in Spanish.
- Students will exhibit the ability to write at the intermediate level using both formal and informal speech as well as broad use of appropriate vocabulary and grammatical forms. Written examples may include short paragraphs, essays, term papers and/or reports.
- Students will exhibit the ability to understand written Spanish at the intermediate level. They will examine a variety of material including articles and short literary works, summarize the main thesis of the readings and make general observations or comments.
- Students will exhibit a broader understanding of Hispanic culture(s) through discussions and reading of history, literature, arts, and contributions of famous people from Hispanic countries.