May 23, 2022
COMM 111 - Business and Technical Communication 3 CR
The course focuses on providing experience in both formal and informal communication situations encountered in the business and technical world. Interpersonal relations, interviews, formal speeches, and group problem solving are stressed.
Requisites: Next Gen ACCUPLACER® reading score of 244, or at least a grade of C in TSRE 55 .
General Education Requirement: Effective Communication - Applied Core
Michigan Transfer Agreement Requirement: Comunications
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Identify effective workplace communication.
- Identify different types of face-to-face and electronic communication.
- Identify listening skills (evaluation implied).
- Demonstrate appropriate workplace verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Express ideas in writing in a coherent, organized, and reflective manner.
- Express ideas verbally in a coherent, organized, and reflective manner.
- Describe ways to conduct meetings in a workplace setting.
- Demonstrate effective interviewing skills.
- Demonstrate working effectively in groups.
- Construct and present a well-organized speech.