PTA 228 - Coordinated Clinical Experience 1
Note: criminal background check and CPR certification must be current anytime the student is in the clinical setting. Weekly sessions will be spent in area health settings where the student will have an opportunity to apply in the clinical setting the skills developed in earlier course work. Treatment and patient care will be carried out under the supervision of qualified physical therapists and/or physical therapist assistants. Emphasis will also be placed on observing and reporting patients’ response to treatment. An ongoing journal of student clinical experience is required. Lab Fee
Additional Information: Formal admission to the Physical Therapist Assistant Program required.
Recommend Concurrent: Take PTA 223 .
Requisites: Take PTA 229 with at least a grade of P.
General Education Requirement: Effective Communication - Applied Core
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Implement patient treatment programs in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrate skill in the ability to observe and take appropriate actions in response to the patient’s response to treatment in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrate concern for the total patient in the clinical setting.
- Communicate skillfully in oral and written forms in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrate effective time management in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrate appropriate steps to improve upon and assure the maintenance of satisfactory environmental conditions in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrate skill in functioning and contributing as an integral part of the Physical Therapy department and rehab team in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrate an ability to complement the Physical Therapist in the delivery of health care in the clinical setting.