2018-2019 Academic Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
International Studies, Associate Degree, AIS
Code 317 - 60 Credits
The Associate Degree in International Studies is been designed to provide students with the necessary courses to transfer into a baccalaureate program in international studies and to prepare students for careers in international business, law, diplomacy, languages, arts and education. Students in the program will learn to assess the impact of global events and issues on the local and international community. Students will also learn a second language. In addition, this program will introduce students to diverse cultures through traditional classroom instruction as well as a travel abroad educational experience.
Requirements for the Degree
- A minimum of sixty (60) credit hours earned, excluding BIOL, CHEM, ENGL, MATH TSEN, TSMA and TSRE courses with numbers less than 100 and MUSI 100 .
- A cumulative grade point average at KCC of at least 2.0.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) credit hours must be completed at Kellogg Community College.
- A maximum of 75% of the credit hours required for a degree may be documented and transferred to KCC.
- All first-time KCC students must complete the FYS 101 - First Year Seminar course with a grade of C or higher. See an Academic Advisor for course completion and/or any questions pertaining to the FYS course.
Students graduating under the 2012-2013 Catalog or thereafter, who obtain an Associate Degree in Arts, Criminal Justice, Elementary Education, General Studies, International Studies, or Science will be required to complete a service-learning experience. Students completing an Associate of Applied Science Degree in the industrial trades are encouraged to complete a service-learning experience. Please ask your Academic Advisor which courses incorporate service-learning, or search in class schedules. The final grade in the course must qualify for academic credit in order to receive the service-learning endorsement.