Code 313 - 60 Credits
The purpose of the Associate in General Studies is to recognize the completion of the requirements for a degree at Kellogg Community College. The requirements in this degree are designed to fulfill the general education core outcomes requirements described in the General Education Core Courses section of this Catalog.
Requirements for the Degree
- A minimum of sixty (60) credit hours earned, excluding BIOL, TSEN, TSMA, and TSRE courses with numbers less than 100 and MUSI 100 .
- A cumulative grade point average at KCC of at least 2.0
- A minimum of fifteen (15) credit hours must be completed at Kellogg Community College.
- A maximum of 75% of the credit hours required for a degree may be documented and transferred to KCC.
- All first-time, degree-seeking, KCC students must complete the FYS 101 - First-Year Seminar course with a grade of C or higher. See an Academic Advisor for course completion and/or any questions pertaining to the FYS course.
Students who obtain an Associate degree or an Associate of Applied Science degree will be required to complete a service-learning experience. The final grade in the course must qualify for academic credit in order to receive the service-learning endorsement. Please contact an Academic Advisor for courses that offer a service-learning experience, or search in the class schedules.
Michigan Transfer Agreement and Bruin Standard Requirement
Students earning the Associate in General Studies degree must meet the requirements of the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) and the Bruin Standard (General Education) by selecting courses from the lists below.