Oct 27, 2021
Code 261 - 60 Credits
In order to earn an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Skilled Trades, students must complete sixty (60) credits. These credits must be taken from three (3) categories: core curricula, general education electives, and technical electives. For more information about Industrial Trades modules go to the Industrial Trades page at http://www.kellogg.edu/academics/departments/industrial-trades/industrial-trades/.
Industrial Trades curricula are offered in a non-traditional, modular format. Module descriptions are not listed in the catalog. For more information about Industrial Trades modules go to the Industrial Trades page at http://www.kellogg.edu/academics/departments/industrial-trades/industrial-trades/.
Industrial Trades Orientation
All students interested in taking Industrial Trades modules must complete one or more core curriculum orientation. The orientation is a core curriculum prerequisite. Students will not be able to register for modules until the orientation is completed.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Technical/Equipment: Program graduates will demonstrate the technical knowledge and skills required to use industry equipment appropriately for employment in the field of Skilled Trades.
- Safety: Program graduates will demonstrate safety protocols in the field of Skilled Trades by consistently applying and adhering to current industry safety standards.
- Problem Solving: Program graduates will demonstrate the ability to use a variety of techniques in solving problems presented in the field of Skilled Trades.
- Communication: Skilled Trades program graduates will effectively communicate the technical content of the field, both written and orally.
Required General Education Courses
All first-time KCC students must complete the FYS 101 - First-Year Seminar course with a grade of C or higher.
See an Academic Advisor for course completion and/or any questions pertaining to the FYS course.
Technical Electives Courses
Technical electives may be selected from:
- Accounting (ACCO)
- Business Administration (BUAD)
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design Technology (DRAF)
- Engineering Technology (ENTE)
- ENGL 153 - Technical English
- Industrial Electricity/Electronics (INEL)
- Industrial Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (INHR)
- Industrial Machining Technology (INMT)
- Industrial Pipefitting (INPF)
- Industrial Technology (INT)
- Industrial Welding (INWE)
- Instrumentation (INST)
- Industrial Trades (INTR)
- OIT 161 - Applications Software
- Renewable Energy (INRE)
- Service-Learning (SERV)
- Tool and Die (INTD)
Technical electives for the Skilled Trades program needs to be approved by the Director of Industrial Trades Education.