Code 313 - 60 Credits
The purpose of the Associate in General Studies is to recognize the completion of the requirements for a degree at Kellogg Community College. The requirements in this degree are designed to fulfill the general education core outcomes requirements described in the General Education Core Courses section of this Catalog.
Requirements for the Degree
- A minimum of sixty (60) credit hours earned, excluding BIOL, TSEN, TSMA, and TSRE courses with numbers less than 100 and MUSI 100 .
- A cumulative grade point average at KCC of at least 2.0
- A minimum of fifteen (15) credit hours must be completed at Kellogg Community College.
- A maximum of 75% of the credit hours required for a degree may be documented and transferred to KCC.
- All first time, degree-seeking, KCC students must complete the FYS 101 - First-Year Seminar course with a grade of C or higher. See an Academic Advisor for course completion and/or any questions pertaining to the FYS course.
Students who obtain an Associate Degree in Agricultural Science, Arts, Criminal Justice, Elementary Education, General Studies, Global and International Studies, or Science will be required to complete a service-learning experience. Students completing an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Industrial Trades are encouraged to complete a service-learning experience. Please ask your Academic Advisor which courses incorporate service-learning, or search in class schedules. The final grade in the course must qualify for academic credit in order to receive the service-learning endorsement.
Michigan Transfer Agreement and Bruin Standard Requirement
Students earning the Associate in General Studies degree must meet the requirements of the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) and the Bruin Standard (General Education) by selecting courses from the lists below.