Oct 04, 2022
Code 250 - 62 Credits
High-pressure and low-pressure piping systems are used in manufacturing, in the generation of electricity, and in the heating and cooling of buildings. Many of these systems are regulated by automatic controls, which may be accessed remotely. The Industrial Pipefitting core curriculum at Kellogg Community College prepares students to install, maintain, and repair these systems. Students may pursue either a Certificate or an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Industrial Pipefitting.
Modules within the curriculum cover:
- Blueprint Reading
- Compressed Air
- Fire Protection
- Flow Control
- Introduction to Pipefitting
- Mathematics for Pipefitting
- Pipefitting Science
- Piping Maintenance
- Thermodynamics of Heat
In order to earn an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Industrial Pipefitting students must complete sixty-two (62) credits. These credits must be taken from three categories: core curriculum, general education electives, and technical electives.
Industrial Trades curricula are offered in a non-traditional, modular format. Module descriptions are not listed in the catalog. For more information about Industrial Trades modules go to the Industrial Trades page at http://www.kellogg.edu/academics/areasofstudy/manufacturing-skilled-trades-applied-technology/.
Industrial Trades Orientation
All students interested in taking Industrial Trades modules must complete one or more core curriculum orientation. The orientation is a core curriculum prerequisite. Students will not be able to register for modules until the orientation is completed.
Required General Education Courses
Technical Elective Courses
Technical elective courses compliment the core curriculum and support general workplace competencies required in the field.
Technical electives may be selected from:
- Accounting (ACCO)
- Business Administration (BUAD)
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design Technology (DRAF)
- Engineering Technology (ENTE)
- Industrial Electricity Electronics (INEL)
- Industrial Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (INHR) °
- Industrial Machining Technology (INMT)
- Industrial Technology (INT)
- Industrial Trades (INTR) °
- Industrial Welding (INWE) °
- Instrumentation (INST)
- OIT 161 - Applications Software °
- Renewable Energy (INRE) °
- Service Learning (SERV) °
- Tool and Die (INTD)
°These electives are highly recommended for the Industrial Pipefitting program.