Feb 22, 2024
NURS 136 - The Transition 2 CR
The Transition combines independent study, selected skill competencies, and online discussions to accomplish learning. This course is designed to assist students to begin the transition from a licensed practical nurses (LPN) to registered nurses (RN). The professional responsibilities of the LPN and RN are examined and compared. Major emphasis is placed on the use of the nursing process as a tool for assisting patients to meet their biopsychosocial needs. Critical thinking skills are explored in relation to managing patient care. This course is required for LPN Advanced Placement applicants only prior to entering nursing courses. [24-24-48]
Additional Information: Formal admission to the LPN Advanced Placement Program required.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Explore online learning tools.
- Solve dosage calculations to ensure safe medication administration.
- Examine areas of professional growth needed to transition from a licensed practical to a registered nurse.
- Develop appropriate strategies to improve success in nursing school.
- Explain how clinical reasoning affects nursing practice.
- Discover test-taking tips and strategies that will help you prepare for the second level nursing program exams.
- Discuss the role of the registered nurse in the nursing process.
- Analyze effective delegation and communication principles in nursing.
- Explain the importance of culturally competent care and diversity in the nursing environment.
- Discuss the professional, legal, and ethical responsibilities of the registered nurse.