ENGL 151H - Freshman Composition - Honors
The intellectually-able student is permitted to pursue in-depth studies in expository writing. The student must be interested in developing excellence in writing. Lab Fee
Additional Information: Students may enter the Honors course only as part of the Honors Program or with department approval.
Requisites: Next Gen ACCUPLACER® writing score of at least 276.
General Education Requirement: Effective Communication - General Education Core
Michigan Transfer Agreement Requirement: English Composition
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Use rhetorical contexts to guide the development of appropriate written responses.
- Evaluate key characteristics that may impact a text’s message and a text’s suitability for a particular purpose.
- Implement composing processes to develop and finalize essays.
- Apply knowledge of academic writing conventions.
- Integrate college writing into a variety of applications.
- Collaborate in college, local, and global communities.
- Demonstrate expertise and research skills in select areas of study.
- Develop an interdisciplinary perspective across the liberal arts and sciences.
- Demonstrate intellectual independence through verbal and written work.
- Demonstrate research skills, including analysis of information and perspectives from diverse sources.
- Develop plans and skills to further both academic and professional careers.