Mar 04, 2021
COMM 111 - Business and Technical Communication 3 CR
The course focuses on providing experience in both formal and informal communication situations encountered in the business and technical world. Interpersonal relations, interviews, formal speeches, and group problem solving are stressed.
Requisites: Next Gen ACCUPLACER® reading score of 244, or at least a grade of C in TSRE 55 .
General Education Requirement: Effective Communication - Applied Core
Michigan Transfer Agreement Requirement: Comunications
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Develop and expand knowledge of communicating in the work environment.
- Develop and expand understanding of face-to-face and electronic communication.
- Understand the importance of listening and recognizing it as a skill to be developed.
- Demonstrate an understanding of verbal and nonverbal messages.
- Express ideas in writing in a coherent, organized, and reflective manner.
- Express ideas verbally in a coherent, organized, and reflective manner.
- Improve or develop skills in conducting meetings.
- Develop basic skills in interviewing.
- Understand the importance of “team” and working in groups.
- Develop and expand basic presentation skills.